Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sad News But the Show Must Go On...

Last week was a rough week around our house. As some know we are "Lab Lovers" and have three in our family...Bear, Riley, and Sydney. They are all siblings from two different litters. My oldest son Justin was the best friend and owner of the big brother Bear. The photo above is his smiling face! Well about two months ago he was diagnosed with cancer and was given 6 months to a year. His journey came to an end Friday night and he has moved on to wait for "his boy" to meet him on the Rainbow Bridge. It was devastating to my son and as a mom I hate to see my children in pain. This was him a few weeks ago with "his boy."


He was a great dog and will be missed by "his boy", sisters and all "his human peeps" each and every day.

Well the show must go on....and I need to get back to work for the Thanksgiving "Christmas in the South" event. I only have a couple more weeks to go. These are a couple of items I have finished.


These cuties came from a pattern by Sew Many Prims called "Lil' Prim Pals". They weren't originally made for Christmas but I do believe they turned out adorable.I also have eight of the micro mini Annies started and I will dress them for Christmas. Don't tell anyone but they are naked right now waiting for me to stitch their clothes! Hope to have them done by next weekend...that is if I finish all the wood in the next picture....


It is going to be a painting marathon around here! I saw this idea on Pinterest and adapted it to produce these personalized ornaments. I even plan to make some of them into "Gators, Dawgs, and Noles" ornaments. Here are the finished product...




Well that's all for tonight...better get my paintbrush working...

-Darlene xxoo

3 comments:

  1. Sorry for your Loss. What a Beautiful Lab. My thoughts and Prayers go out to your son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry for your loss dear..big beary hugs for you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Darlene,
    Sorry to hear about the loss of your son's puppy. It is never easy old or young for us.
    Good luck at your show...looks like you have some work ahead of you!
    Enjoy your day,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete